Monday, December 22, 2008

keep holding on, cause you know we'll make it through.



i had a really long talk with my brother today while we were doing the dishes, we talked about the future a lot, him going to college next year and all. And we talked about how weird it was now that we were older and reality really set in.. Like how when we were younger Christmas was so amazing and magical and perfect and then this year we picked out our presents and I was the one who ordered them....not my parents, it was just weird. We remembered thinking of our parents as so great and i don't know it's weird, knowing there just ordinary people who can't fix everything, it's kinda sad in a way, but I guess reality can be sad.

We talked about DC too, and I feel like I really wanna go to public school next year. Because honestly I'm not getting anything out of Dc, it's just a comfort zone and I'm really not even happy there. I wanna get out of dc and put myself out there, be outgoing and meet new people, and obviously I know that everything definitely isn't gonna be perfect, but I still think I'll be happier.
And I know that if I don't do it, ill regret it and I'll think about how I would've be different. I think I need to take this chance.
Also, I think it will be good for me, because it's a fresh start. I've been at Dc my whole life, growing out of bad stages and growing up, but I feel like now I'm the person who I'm gonna be for the rest of my life, Obviously I'll mature and stuff but besides that I'll be a lot like I am now. And that's who I want people to see, who I am no, not who I was. I feel like at Dc, people see who I was. I've defenitely made mistakes, and I know I'll keep making them, but I'm happy that I did, because it's made me who I am. I' not gonna look back, because all you can do is pick up the pieces, try to make the best out of your life, and move on. And you know what that's exactly what I intend to do.

maggie.

1 comments:

Anja said...

mhmmm.
i love this.
im going to be really sad when you go.
but im not going to hold you back.
this is what you want and it might be what you need.
what kind of friend would i be to deny you that?
as you said to me. live it and love it.
i kind of keep that as my motto now.
so you should keep that with you too. wherever you go, whatever school you're at.
and i hope you keep writing. <3